Sunday, September 17, 2006

More European crime fiction blogs

I've just discovered Crime Scraps - which launched this month - the summary is - "A few comments and thoughts about crime books set on the mainland of Europe, with titbits about real eurocrime. We hear constantly about crime in the USA that many people imagine Europe is a crime free zone." The latest post is about 'Holy Smoke' by Tonino Benacquista.

I've also brought over to the blog (from the links page of the Euro Crime website), International Noir Fiction which ..." includes reviews and ideas on crime novels (most from outside the U.S.)". The latest book discussed is 'Voices' by Arnaldur Indridason.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Thanks for all these and other links. It's so hard to keep track of all the wonderful stuff out there ...

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for these great links, have added them to my Bloglines subscription. (rss being the only way to cope!)

Anonymous said...

PS Have just been over to both. Did you know that Crime Scraps does not take comments? How disappointing -- seems to me the epitome of blogging that you take comments. (Really glad to see that the excellent David Montgomery of Crime Fiction Dossier has recently begun taking comments).
If you are in touch with Crime Scraps can you try to encourage him/her to open up comments?
Thanks! (or give him/her my email address so I can work on it!)

Anonymous said...

Maxine, I hope Crime Scraps should now take comments.
I am of the generation that still has problems getting a blog to do as it is told.
But as I see you live in Kingston upon Thames, where I worked for many years, I have struggled with the blog technicalities.