Monday, March 28, 2011

ITV to do more DCI Banks

ITV's pilot of the DCI Banks series starring Stephen Tompkinson was successful enough for them to commission adaptations of three more books. ITV has just announced on twitter that filming has begun today. The Inspector Banks website states that:
The three books being adapted are Playing With Fire, Friend of the Devil and Cold is the Grave.
These are nos 14, 17 and 11 respectively in the series by Peter Robinson. There will be two episodes per book.

I am a bit surprised that follow-up episodes have been commissioned as I was less than impressed with it and Tompkinson seemed very miscast.

3 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

I did not watch Aftermath, one of my favourite Banks books, although not as good as In A Dry Season, simply because I could not accept Stephen Tompkinson as Banks. Or a blonde Annie Cabot!

Leigh Russell said...

I missed these. Not sure I'll look out for the next episodes now...

Maxine Clarke said...

This is the problem, for those of us who have seen The Killing or Spiral, and are hence SPOILT! For ever!